Unmanned robotics in the Pacific Northwest, Portland, OR
new applications and STEM opportunities.
Early Registration through October 3rd - Save $100
Dates: October 19, 20 & 21.
Location: Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI)
10/19 – Wednesday
STEM Benefit Dinner – 5:00
- Happy Hour & STEM Benefit Dinner at OMSI, Portland, Oregon KEYNOTE | Ryan Hartman, President/CEO of Insitu Inc.
10/20 – Thursday
Future Robotics Forum – 8:00 Registration OMSI
- Future Technology and Where Automation is Taking
the Future of Transportation | TBA, Director of Future
Technology Infotainment, Electronic & Software Engineering,
Jaguar Land Rover
- HP’s 3-D Printing Efforts | Dr. Sterling Chaffins,
Hewlett Packard Co, Corvallis
- Current Robotics Efforts, Vision, Challenges,
and How AUVSI can help support | TBA, Intel Corporation
- New Regulations Affecting Unmanned Systems
Operation in the Northwest | Michael DeMent-Myers, Federal
Aviation Administration (FAA), ANM 220 NextGen Branch
- Designing and Operating an Extreme Weather
Unmanned Aerial System | Pete Carroll, UAS Flight Operations,
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, ARM (Atmospheric Radiation
Measurement) Aerial Facility
- Operational Updates for Test Ranges in Oregon,
and Soar Startup Grant Program Update | Soar Oregon
- RoboFlight Academy: Hands-on STEM Pushing the
Envelope in the Gorge | David B. Laning, PhD, PE, MBA,
Principal Engineer, Insitu Inc.
- The Diverse Nature of Payloads and Payload
Development | Jay Abramovitz, President & Majority Owner,
Software Technology Group
- Robotic Prosthetics | A STEM Activity Report
- OSU Unmanned Systems Department Update | Mark Peters,
Interim Director Office of Research Integrity, International
Compliance, and UAS Operations, Oregon State University
- Enabling UAS Prosumers – A Joint Development
for Commercial Use | Terry W. Parisher, CEO & Pilot,
Straight Up Imaging, LLC
- Onboard Video Processing | Mark Zanmiller, Director of
Business Development, SightLine Applications Inc.
- Powering Robots with Cloud Computing | Mark Silliman,
- Intellectual Property & Unmanned Systems: Traps
for the Unwary | Mark Kannen, Attorney, Hershner Hunter, LLP
- Smart Cities of the Future: Where Do Autonomous
Vehicles Stitch In | Matt Jones, Chief Product Officer,
Moovel North America
- From Bolts to Bytes: The Future of Agricultural
Technology, Robotics, and AI | Brandon Smith, Vice President,
Farb Guidance Systems, Inc.
10/21 – Friday
Workshop & Mapping Workshop 7:00 – 12:00 OMSI
- 7:00 CHECK IN/REGISTRATION
- 8:00-10:00 Workshop 1: Drone Startup Workshop
- Johnathan Evans, CEO/Operations, Skyward IO
- Andrew Cochran, Lead Instructor, Oregon UAS
- Terry W Parisher, CEO/Pilot, Straight Up Imaging
- Mark Kannen, Attorney, Hershner Hunter, LLP
- 10:00-12:00 Workshop 2: Mapping with Drones – Presented by FireWhat, Inc. - A Geographic Information System enabling mapping of emergency incidents to track responders and assets in and out of the field.
AUVSI is looking for companies to sponsor Students for $25.00 each.
AUVSI needs Sponsors & Presenters!
Draped Tables (per table/all 3 days) $300 (A limited number of tables with one chair will be made available to Cascade Chapter Members only.)
Sponsorship Options for the Fall:
- Event Sponsorship $5,000 SOLD
- STEM Benefit Sponsorship $2.500 SOLD
- Workshop Sponsorship $1.500 ONE LEFT
- Coffee Breaks (per break) $1,000
- Lunchtime Sponsor Highlight $1,500 (sponsor gets 10 minutes on the stage to talk about his/her company.)
- Vendor Social Hour Sponsor $2,500 (Social Hour sponsors get 100% of highlight outside of vendor tables.)
- Room Sponsorship $2,500
: Newly renovated hotel also in the Lloyd District, and close to the streetcar/Max lines.
: This is a brand new, boutique hotel that is in the Lloyd District, and is right on the Streetcar line.
: Fun, family (and pet-friendly) hotel located in the middle of downtown. They also have a great restaurant located onsite.
: Located downtown, right next to Director Park and close Pioneer Square. This hotel is smaller, but has a great atmosphere, and is very close to the Max/Streetcar lines.
University Place Hotel
: Reasonable rates close to Max line.